This is a photo taken last summer that I enjoy looking at on these cool, wet days we’ve been having. I don’t mind this weather, though, as it bodes well for a good crop of wildflowers this spring. This plant is called bee brush or white brush. It blooms in warm weather after each substantial rain and fills the air with a sweet fragrance. The bees love it and use it to produce a very light honey that is of the highest quality. Most of the honey produced by my bees in 2009 was from bee brush and mesquite.
Hours & Info830-305-7925Wednesdays 9-12pm
San Antonio Drops
Next Drop: August 2016
Date to be set soon
Email us to get on the mailing list for notifications
Beekeeping Classes & Workshops
Saturday, July 30
Topic to be announced but it'll be related to mite treatments
Workshops are 1 hour & free when we have a chance to host them. Call or email us for upcoming topics or to get on the Beekeepers Mailing List for weekly emails about the workshops and current Bee Ranch activities.
FALL CLASSES 2016
Now listed & accepting registration
Click on this link for more information about our Beekeeping class and FREE 1-hour workshops on many Saturday mornings.
Visit GBR website – $10 Shipping!
Where to Find Us
For Goodness Sake Natural Food
1306 Common Street, 101
New Braunfels, TX
Gift & Gourmet (Seguin)
751 North Austin Street
The Larder at Hotel Emma
San Antonio Pearl Complex
Oak & Salt (San Antonio)
1320 E. Houston Street
You're So Crafty (Seguin)
209 S. Austin Street
Flickr Photo Set
- We totaled 6 inches this week!! https://t.co/0zpM8H5w0h tweeted 1 day ago
- We kicked off our morning with some local #pollen straight. Got some in the shop fridge for y'all. $15 a 7oz jar. https://t.co/Pr3F6WcRCA tweeted 1 day ago
- If done properly, you can do minimal damage to the beeswax which helps you and your bees next season! https://t.co/XD4RoVLWDa tweeted 2 days ago
- Lots of extracting going on this week https://t.co/OQcxnrc4kQ tweeted 2 days ago
- Sleep well, friends. 💙🐝 https://t.co/ZnIX0hqrCS tweeted 4 days ago