This is a photo taken last summer that I enjoy looking at on these cool, wet days we’ve been having. I don’t mind this weather, though, as it bodes well for a good crop of wildflowers this spring. This plant is called bee brush or white brush. It blooms in warm weather after each substantial rain and fills the air with a sweet fragrance. The bees love it and use it to produce a very light honey that is of the highest quality. Most of the honey produced by my bees in 2009 was from bee brush and mesquite.
Hours & Info830-305-7925Wednesdays 9-12pm
Exception: CLOSED Friday 2/24/17
San Antonio Drop
March 2017 - Not yet set
Need Bee gear & supplies, honey, beeswax?
Meet behind The Granary at Historic Pearl. Look for light brown Toyota Tundra.
Email us to get on the mailing list for notifications
Beekeeping Classes & Workshops
FEBRUARY 25 – Open Q&A
4 – How to install beeswax foundation into a frame – Special presenter Karl Trautler
11 – Double Header! How to test your colony for mites using the sugar roll method AND Demo on how to apply Apiguard as a mite treatment
18 – No workshop, but the GBR Honey House is open for shopping and fellowship
25 – How to install and use a pollen trap*
1 – South Texas bee plants – Special presenter Bill Evans
8 – No workshop, but the GBR Honey House is open for shopping and fellowship
15 – What should I be doing right now with my bees? – With open Q&A
22 – No workshop, but the GBR Honey House is open for shopping and fellowship
29 – How to apply HopGuard II as a mite treatment
6 – Demonstration on how to make a queen bank
Workshops are 1 hour & free when we have a chance to host them. Call or email us for upcoming topics or to get on the Beekeepers Mailing List for weekly emails about the workshops and current Bee Ranch activities.
Spring 2017 Classes
March 18 (FULL)
April 8 (FULL)
Click on this link for more information about our Beekeeping class and FREE 1-hour workshops on many Saturday mornings.
Visit GBR website – $10 Shipping!
Where to Find Us
For Goodness Sake Natural Food
1306 Common Street, 101
New Braunfels, TX
Gift & Gourmet (Seguin)
751 North Austin Street
The Larder at Hotel Emma
San Antonio Pearl Complex
Oak & Salt (San Antonio)
1320 E. Houston Street
You're So Crafty (Seguin)
209 S. Austin Street
Flickr Photo Set
- We're heading out to the shop (9-12p) today. Open Q&A at 9a. It's always a fun discussion as beeks being their ques… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… tweeted 13 hours ago
- We are heading home. See y'all tomorrow! https://t.co/CQ53rbFz1F tweeted 1 day ago
- In case you were wondering, the shop is open this morning. 😁🐝thank you Dwain, Annette and Mr. Savior! https://t.co/OEujJ4NJE3 tweeted 3 days ago
- We got friends covering for Wednesday while we are visiting our family. Stop by some time! 🐝 https://t.co/F2sCjVLLK0 tweeted 5 days ago
- We are open 10-6p today and shoutout to @Markgretchen for getting a bee out of my hair before she could sting me! 🙌🏼 https://t.co/V7wWFWzZzS tweeted 1 week ago