This is a photo taken last summer that I enjoy looking at on these cool, wet days we’ve been having. I don’t mind this weather, though, as it bodes well for a good crop of wildflowers this spring. This plant is called bee brush or white brush. It blooms in warm weather after each substantial rain and fills the air with a sweet fragrance. The bees love it and use it to produce a very light honey that is of the highest quality. Most of the honey produced by my bees in 2009 was from bee brush and mesquite.
Hours & Info830-305-7925Wednesdays 9-12pm
San Antonio Drops
Next Drop: June 2016
Date to be set soon
Email us to get on the mailing list for notifications
Beekeeping Classes & Workshops
Dates to be set soon
Click on this link for more information about our Beekeeping class and FREE 1-hour workshops on many Saturday mornings.
Workshops are 1 hour & free when we have a chance to host them. Call or email us for upcoming topics or to get on the Beekeepers Mailing List for weekly emails about the workshops and current Bee Ranch activities.
Visit GBR website – $10 Shipping!
Where to Find Us
Gift & Gourmet (Seguin)
751 North Austin Street
Maldonado Nursery (Seguin)
3011 Highway 90 West
The Larder at Hotel Emma
San Antonio Pearl Complex
Oak & Salt (San Antonio)
1333 Buena Vista Street
You're So Crafty (Seguin)
209 S. Austin Street
Flickr Photo Set
- Bees flying hard. Apparently honey, too. Frio County looking great! https://t.co/fimunoKo1Y tweeted 15 hours ago
- Managed to get into three nearby bee yards today https://t.co/kUB1kQk492 tweeted 1 day ago
- Crazy spring no? https://t.co/B1owaX2oRA tweeted 1 day ago
- Had an awesome workshop about honey supers! Thanks, everyone! https://t.co/qT8BRtuGEc tweeted 3 days ago
- Look! A customer brought some for us & we are so thankful! Going to use them for pancake breakfast in the morning. https://t.co/apFF6MILaS tweeted 3 days ago