This is a photo taken last summer that I enjoy looking at on these cool, wet days we’ve been having. I don’t mind this weather, though, as it bodes well for a good crop of wildflowers this spring. This plant is called bee brush or white brush. It blooms in warm weather after each substantial rain and fills the air with a sweet fragrance. The bees love it and use it to produce a very light honey that is of the highest quality. Most of the honey produced by my bees in 2009 was from bee brush and mesquite.
Hours & Info830-305-7925Wednesdays 9-12pm
Introduction to Beekeeping
March 19 (Class now full)
April 16 (Class now full)
Click on this link for more information about our Beekeeping class and FREE 1-hour workshops on many Saturday mornings.
Visit GBR website – $10 Shipping!
Where to Find Us
Gift & Gourmet (Seguin)
751 North Austin Street
Maldonado Nursery (Seguin)
3011 Highway 90 West
The Larder at Hotel Emma
San Antonio Pearl Complex
Oak & Salt (San Antonio)
1333 Buena Vista Street
You're So Crafty (Seguin)
209 S. Austin Street
Flickr Photo Set
- Good morning, beeventurers! The beekeeper is in the shop this morning if you want to drop in. 🐝 https://t.co/tNS5WvlEeo tweeted 5 hours ago
- Pre-dinner hunger busters #pollen #chia #rawhoney #spinach #bunchoffruits #smoothie… instagram.com/p/BBlaUf3H29x/ tweeted 20 hours ago
- One for me and one for a friend. And a video for the sis to make Honey Citrus Syrup. Great for a cough. And yummy! https://t.co/DQLbF7kvee tweeted 1 day ago
- Check out this #macro of a rock I sound on our gravel drive. So cool! #olloclip instagram.com/p/BBkaCWuH27m/ tweeted 1 day ago
- Good morning friends. Good morning persimmons. I'm off to work sans voice and the beekeeper is… instagram.com/p/BBkZ4xBH27T/ tweeted 1 day ago