After checking on the Elm Creek bee yard, we headed over to the yard at My Father’s Farm, which is right on the way to and from Elm Creek. I had been hoping for a great sky in order to do the farm garden justice while photographing it. It seemed every time I went with Mark, it was cloudy. This visit was perfect! Above are rows of the wonderful organic vegetables that are grown on the property. Mark and I are hopeful that the bees will do a great job pollinating the cops for the farmers. We have ten hives out there and they look great. Below are some of the neighbors the bees have there — those goats are so cute! But a little naughty, too. 🙂 At least they are enjoying very healthy veggies.
Hours & Info830-305-7925Wednesdays 9-12pm
San Antonio Drop
May Date TBD
Need bee gear and supplies, honey, beeswax?
Meet behind The Granary at Historic Pearl. Look for light brown Toyota Tundra. We will be at the pick up point from 9am to 10am on dates listed.
Email us to get on the mailing list for notifications
Beekeeping Classes & Workshops
22 – No workshop, but the GBR Honey House is open for shopping and fellowship
29 – How to apply HopGuard II as a mite treatment
6 – Demonstration on how to make a queen bank
13 – Bee photography with a mobile phone emphasis
Workshops are 1 hour & free when we have a chance to host them. Call or email us for upcoming topics or to get on the Beekeepers Mailing List for weekly emails about the workshops and current Bee Ranch activities.
Spring 2017 Classes
April 8 (FULL)
April 22 (FULL)
May 20 (FULL)
Fall 2017 Classes
These dates will be open for registration the first week of April.
Click on this link for more information about our Beekeeping class and FREE 1-hour workshops on many Saturday mornings.
Visit GBR website – $10 Shipping!
Where to Find Us
For Goodness Sake Natural Food
1306 Common Street, 101
New Braunfels, TX
Gift & Gourmet (Seguin)
751 North Austin Street
The Larder at Hotel Emma
San Antonio Pearl Complex
Oak & Salt (San Antonio)
1320 E. Houston Street
You're So Crafty (Seguin)
209 S. Austin Street
Flickr Photo Set
- Beauty in nature. God is really speaking to me today as my heart is a lil heavy thinking of Mom 5 yrs after her pas… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… tweeted 4 hours ago
- Always exciting to see fresh new comb being drawn out by our bees! https://t.co/fwaRlSsZDW tweeted 1 day ago
- Pssst. Who likes our Creamed Honey? https://t.co/vMpDuRN1ok tweeted 6 days ago
- Bee break to visit my #beekeeper 🐝 https://t.co/MBg7YIdzq3 tweeted 1 week ago
- Bottling up some delish Guadalupe County Wildflower Honey this AM. Check out the clarity. https://t.co/UIaD4m19Mn tweeted 1 week ago