This is one of the six swarms that I have caught so far this season. The other five were united with their parent colony or with a weaker colony to give them a boost before the main honey flow. This is the only one that I kept as a hive, mainly just to see how it would do. So far it is doing well. They have drawn out several frames of comb and you can see nectar and pollen in some of the cells. And if you look closely in the light area near the center of the comb you can see some freshly laid eggs. This is a good sign — it means the queen is fertile and is starting to rear new brood. If she does well I will keep the hive as is and possibly split it into two hives later in the year.
Hours & Info830-305-7925Wednesdays 9-12pm
San Antonio Drop
May Date TBD
Need bee gear and supplies, honey, beeswax?
Meet behind The Granary at Historic Pearl. Look for light brown Toyota Tundra. We will be at the pick up point from 9am to 10am on dates listed.
Email us to get on the mailing list for notifications
Beekeeping Classes & Workshops
22 – No workshop, but the GBR Honey House is open for shopping and fellowship
29 – How to apply HopGuard II as a mite treatment
6 – Demonstration on how to make a queen bank
13 – Bee photography with a mobile phone emphasis
Workshops are 1 hour & free when we have a chance to host them. Call or email us for upcoming topics or to get on the Beekeepers Mailing List for weekly emails about the workshops and current Bee Ranch activities.
Spring 2017 Classes
April 8 (FULL)
April 22 (FULL)
May 20 (FULL)
Fall 2017 Classes
These dates will be open for registration the first week of April.
Click on this link for more information about our Beekeeping class and FREE 1-hour workshops on many Saturday mornings.
Visit GBR website – $10 Shipping!
Where to Find Us
For Goodness Sake Natural Food
1306 Common Street, 101
New Braunfels, TX
Gift & Gourmet (Seguin)
751 North Austin Street
The Larder at Hotel Emma
San Antonio Pearl Complex
Oak & Salt (San Antonio)
1320 E. Houston Street
You're So Crafty (Seguin)
209 S. Austin Street
Flickr Photo Set
- Beauty in nature. God is really speaking to me today as my heart is a lil heavy thinking of Mom 5 yrs after her pas… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… tweeted 4 hours ago
- Always exciting to see fresh new comb being drawn out by our bees! https://t.co/fwaRlSsZDW tweeted 1 day ago
- Pssst. Who likes our Creamed Honey? https://t.co/vMpDuRN1ok tweeted 6 days ago
- Bee break to visit my #beekeeper 🐝 https://t.co/MBg7YIdzq3 tweeted 1 week ago
- Bottling up some delish Guadalupe County Wildflower Honey this AM. Check out the clarity. https://t.co/UIaD4m19Mn tweeted 1 week ago