In the last post, Thien said the bees were making frame after frame of honey. She is right, and here’s the proof. This is from the Gonzales bee yard where I estimate they have stored over 500 pounds of honey, and they’re still working! It is a critical time. I need to leave the honey on the hives long enough for it to cure — in other words until most of the moisture evaporates (otherwise the honey will ferment), but not so long that hive beetles gain a foothold in the colony and ruin the entire crop. My plan is to extract the first full week of June.
Hours & Info830-305-7925Wednesdays 9-12pm
San Antonio Drop
May Date TBD
Need bee gear and supplies, honey, beeswax?
Meet behind The Granary at Historic Pearl. Look for light brown Toyota Tundra. We will be at the pick up point from 9am to 10am on dates listed.
Email us to get on the mailing list for notifications
Beekeeping Classes & Workshops
22 – No workshop, but the GBR Honey House is open for shopping and fellowship
29 – How to apply HopGuard II as a mite treatment
6 – Demonstration on how to make a queen bank
13 – Bee photography with a mobile phone emphasis
Workshops are 1 hour & free when we have a chance to host them. Call or email us for upcoming topics or to get on the Beekeepers Mailing List for weekly emails about the workshops and current Bee Ranch activities.
Spring 2017 Classes
April 8 (FULL)
April 22 (FULL)
May 20 (FULL)
Fall 2017 Classes
These dates will be open for registration the first week of April.
Click on this link for more information about our Beekeeping class and FREE 1-hour workshops on many Saturday mornings.
Visit GBR website – $10 Shipping!
Where to Find Us
For Goodness Sake Natural Food
1306 Common Street, 101
New Braunfels, TX
Gift & Gourmet (Seguin)
751 North Austin Street
The Larder at Hotel Emma
San Antonio Pearl Complex
Oak & Salt (San Antonio)
1320 E. Houston Street
You're So Crafty (Seguin)
209 S. Austin Street
Flickr Photo Set
- Always exciting to see fresh new comb being drawn out by our bees! https://t.co/fwaRlSsZDW tweeted 12 hours ago
- Pssst. Who likes our Creamed Honey? https://t.co/vMpDuRN1ok tweeted 5 days ago
- Bee break to visit my #beekeeper 🐝 https://t.co/MBg7YIdzq3 tweeted 6 days ago
- Bottling up some delish Guadalupe County Wildflower Honey this AM. Check out the clarity. https://t.co/UIaD4m19Mn tweeted 6 days ago
- The drop is this Thursday morning at the Pearl (behind the Granary). 9-10am 🐝 https://t.co/bDWbwbofNh tweeted 1 week ago